This year’s confirmed speakers:
LTG Michael Nagata, USA, Director, Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning, National Counterterrorism Center
Garry Reid, Director for Defense Intelligence (Intelligence and Security), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
AMB James Franklin Jeffrey, Philip Solondz Distinguished Fellow, The Washington Institute
Christopher P. Costa, Senior Director for Counterterrorism, National Security Council
Dr. Jonathan Schroden, Director, Special Operations Program, Center for Naval Analyses
COL David Maxwell, USA (Ret), Associate Director, Center for Security Studies, Georgetown University
Why you should attend this year’s Symposium:
- This educational symposium will bring together members of the Special Operations community, regional combatant commands, Department of State, Intelligence Community, industry and academia to discuss the current and future direction of SOF missions as well as the strategic significance of conducting Irregular Warfare missions.
- The objective of this year’s symposium is to emphasize the unique and crucial role Special Operations Forces have in attaining and achieving national and international security while protecting US interests. Given rising political tensions, it is crucial to prevent military aggression and prepare for future threats. This symposium will deliberate on effective methods to equip and train the most prepared and strategically ready warfighters to accomplish these unconventional and unique missions.
- This symposium will feature senior level discussions surrounding updates and new developments ranging from strategic capabilities required for Irregular Warfare to the methodologies of countering the proliferation of WMD. This program will also highlight the resources needed to have a ready and winning SOF, the significant benefits Unconventional Warfare has in achieving victory over adversaries, and lastly, how to effectively conduct and win in grey-zone conflicts.
Previous SOF Event Photos - 175+ Participants
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
- The 2017 Special Operations & Irregular Warfare Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
- Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.