- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Symposiums
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
December 11-12, 2019 | Chester H. Ferguson Law Center, Tampa, FL
2020 dates coming soon!
The Special Operations & Irregular Warfare summit is now, the 8th SOF & Worldwide Operations Symposium. In line with National Defense Strategy, DoD is working to institutionalize its approach to Irregular Warfare across the entire Department to meet the demands of an evolving and increasingly complex security environment. While IW remains a core element of Special Operations, the modern great power competition requires the SOF strategy to focus on peer and near-peer adversaries’ global scale and use of information and intermediary operations.
2019 Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Howard Strahan
- Deputy Director of Science and Technology
- COL Lewis Powers, USA
- Deputy Commanding Officer
- Special Envoy Lea Gabrielle
- Special Envoy and Coordinator of the Global Engagement Center
- Damon Stevens
- Deputy Director, Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning
- National Counterterrorism Center
- Dr. Jonathan Schroden
- Director, Special Operations Program
- Panel Moderator: Ms. Lisa Sanders, Director S&T
- Col Melissa Johnson, PEO Fixed Wing
- CAPT Kate Dolloff, PEO Maritime
- Mr. David Breede, PEO Special Reconnaissance
- COL Donald Wols, SOCOM J-4
Advisory Board Member:
- RADM Ed Winters, USN (Ret).
- Senior Advisor
- DSI SOF and Worldwide Operations Symposium
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
This educational Symposium will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to explore the growing challenges facing the global special operations community in the era of Great Power Competition. The return to a multipolar global environment will require new tactics, materiel, and ways of thinking in order to maintain American dominance and global influence.
The 2019 Symposium will highlight some of the important efforts currently underway to counter enemy efforts to undermine regional stability and US influence across the globe. Major powers such as China, Russia, and Iran do not want to challenge the U.S. to a conventional fight so they are focusing their efforts on proxy wars and information operations to degrade stability and the rule of law in regions where they wish to spread their influence and power. To counter these efforts United States must utilize capabilities from across the government, both hard and soft power.
This symposium will feature senior level discussions that emphasize the critical need for the rapid acquisition and development of capabilities across the joint force in support of National Defense Strategies in the era of Great Power Competition. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation’s most difficult strategic challenges.
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Topics to be covered at the 2019 Symposium:
– Ensuring US Special Operations Capabilities will Compete and Win in Today’s Complex National Security Environment
– Crafting Special Operations Strategies Capable of Meeting National Guidance
– Providing our Nation Options Around the World to Erode the Influence of our Adversaries
– Special Operations Forces Acquisition Modernization Requirements and Priorities for Growing Gray Zone Operations
– Addressing Terrorism and Long-Term Threats in the USCENTCOM and USAFRICOM Theaters
– Collaborating and Coordinating with NATO Allies and Interagency Partners to Combat 21st Century Threats
– Utilizing Development as a Tool to Build Strong Partnerships to Achieve Collaboration and National Security
– Perspective on the Importance of Special Operations Units in Growing Gray Zone Conflicts
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the counter-insider threat community.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2019 SOF and Worldwide Operations Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
– DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD and Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
– DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
– The Symposium is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
DSI is Proud to Support the Special Operations